What packages do I need to get tomcat5 running on Redhat5

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Thu Aug 23 13:39:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Ezra Taylor wrote:

>               What packages do I need to install to get tomcat5 running on
> Redhat 5.  Note, we are using yum to do the installs.  Also, where is the
> Redhat docs for install tomcat5 on Redhat 5.  I'm able to do this from
> source without a problem.

http://www.jpackage.org/

Jpackage is a Yum repository that provides all of the Java dependency
crap for Tomcat.  Use their Yum repo, and then installing Tomcat 5 is
as simple as:

yum -y install tomcat5

(You may have to install Sun Java, too; I can't recall ATM.)

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University