partitioning enterprise Linux 4 one or more partitions?

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:18:05 UTC 2007

If you plan on having home directories with useful information, then having
/home on a separate partition is advisable. Having the other {/usr; /opt;
etc...} on other partitions is more valuable if you are expecting that they
will have a lot of activity. That way you could take snapshots of each of
separate lvm partitions separately for backup purposes. Thus making smaller
snapshots.