RHEL 4 or 5 AS 64Bit OS

Esquivel, Vicente Esquivelv at uhd.edu
Wed Aug 15 21:12:08 UTC 2007

Hello all,

Is anyone running 64bit RHEL 4 or 5 AS on an intel based Dell Power Edge
2950 with 2x(dual core) Xeon Woodcrest processors with 16GB of RAM,
since this is not true 64bit hardware but rather it is 32bit with 64bit
extensions.  Dell claims that it supports 64bit RHEL on this hardware.

  Can anyone tell me if there are having problems doing this or if there
would be anything I should take into consideration when trying to decide
to run 32bit RHEL or 64bit RHEL.  The application I will running on this
server supports both 32 or 64 bit.

Vince