MS Exchange to MBOX

Kevin Kramer kramer at centtech.com
Wed Aug 15 16:51:34 UTC 2007

we are working on a migration path from 3 separate mail servers (1 Exch
5.5, and 2 mbox on freebsd).

some info on Zimbra

 the AJAX web client is the best client. all features are available (doc
sharing, calendar viewing, etc). Outlook 2007 client currently not
supported to connect to Zimbra server, they are working on it. The
Outlook "migrator" worked great, it is some sort of plugin that makes
Outlook connect to the server, all functionality in outlook is there,
even syncing. They also have good support for getting your mail on your
phone.

I'm still in the discovery process.

I would also tell you to consider MAILDIR format. It is faster than
MBOX. there are some perl scripts to convert from MBOX.

I think my path will be to start delivering mail to the new server and
tell users to copy, archive, etc the old location if they want to keep it.

a quick google for pst to mbox came up with some info for you also. HTH

Kevin Kramer
Sr. Systems Administrator
512.418.5725
Centaur Technology, Inc.